Thursday, June 4, 2009

Morning Fun w/ Tools and Cardboard

So, yesterday morning I (Travis) got up early with Alex to make him some breakfast and hang-out since I have been at work most of the week. After he ate his breakfast, I had this great idea to build a car out of this cardboard box that has been sitting in the living room for a week now. The reason being, Alex has this infatuation with cardboard boxes. His imagination goes WILD already at 2 years old. He pretends that it's an airlplane sometimes, makes it into a slide, car, truck, a THING...whatever current mood he is in...he loves his box.

By the time I got all of my tools ready, and Alex, excited about building his first car, (mine too) Brittany, got up and wanted to join in on the activity as well.

First, I cut the lid flaps on the top off and cut circles out of them for the wheels (cutting my inner-thigh while doing it), while Brittany and Alex were making the steering wheel and getting coloring supplies. Next, I cut a flap on the driver's side and made a door for him to open and close. Now that we had our door, tires, and steering wheel it was time to color! Me being an absolute car guy, I just had to incorporate many different things on this car. I.E. Mercedes symbol, Lexus trunk lights, Audi LED running lights, and the EVO halogyne headlamps. Oh ya...we had a LOT of fun.

He played in his new car for HOURS! He has a working steering wheel, a place to put in the car keys, a driver's seat made of pillows, and a tape-measurer to "go to work" with. Oh ya, and the ARR730 model of the car, are his initials: Alexander Rayne Royer. I added the GT for good measure. lol

Getting out of the car
Alex Waiving saying, "Eat my dust!"

He was trying to throw up Peace signs...this is what we got. lol

Brittany had dubbed his car the, "Rayne Catcher"

No comments: