Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"See my Mannis!"


Today the kids were playing outside like they normally do when shelbi busts in and shouts "a bug!". So I go outside and notice a praying mantis is chillin near their slide. They were enthrauled. It was cute to see all of the kids surround this bug and watch their curious little eyes stare intently as they examined this new bug. Well, not 30 seconds later, Savanna comes in a says "see my mannis! She's sleeping! Come here!". I go outside and find Shelbi in tears holding her hand explaining to me that the bug bit her. In her self defense she squashed the "mannis". Of course they don't understand that she killed it, so they ripped off a piece of newspaper and laid it over the bug like a blanket because it was "sleeping". This was too funny I just had to share. lol

1 comment:

Alicia Jane said...

hey i just wanted to say how excited i am for you guys for this sunday! I can't even imagine how hard it would be to be that connected and have to be "just friends". So congrats to you guys!