Friday, May 29, 2009

My Dad's 50th Birthday

The Whole Family
Just a fraction of the guests

The infamous outhouse


My dad...Cowboy Up!



So my Dad turned 50 this year and we had his party at our house. He is a cowboy at heart and so we had a western theme. Amanda helped me with the invitations and they were awesome. It looked like a wanted poster with his picture on them. Almost the entire family showed up and lots of his friends too. Lots of people dressed up too, including myself. Oh yes, I have my own hats and boots. We had such an awesome time. I think the best part about the entire party, besides the company, was that my mother in law, Kristi, made him a cake in the shape of an outhouse. It was a big hit. And no it didn't taste like crap. LOL. Though it was made of chocolate, it was probably one of my favorites.
We had bales of hay in the backyard to sit on, decorations of wanted signs and cactus and the bathroom door was covered to look like an outhouse. With bar-b-que hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken with chips and soda you can't go wrong. We also had karaoke, but not too many people joined in. Mostly the kids and me and my sisters, but at least we know how to have fun.

No comments: