Saturday, January 31, 2009

I got a new JOB!!

So, I have been working at Geek Squad for the past few months now. It's a descent job, but lately I haven't been getting very many hours due to the poor economy. So, needless to say....we have been under a bit of stress.

As we were discussing what we were going to do...since the wedding is VERY close, my phone started to ring. It was a gentleman in our ward who has been trying to set me up with a job since October, telling me that I just got hired! We are SO excited!

My new job is working at the Staples Center/Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles as a Broadcaster/technical engineer. My job will be making sure that all of the video/audio is working around the entire complex for sports events, shows, and award ceremonies. We were so excited that I just had to write a blog about it. Thank you Brother Nowlan!




2 comments:

amberkei said...

Congratulations! How exciting. It's great that things are moving in the right direction for you both. It's so close!!

The Erbes said...

Hey there Travis...not sure if you remeber me...Katie Erbe (Race). I was on Loma's blog and saw that your blog was linked. I don't know much about what has been going on in your life except from what I've read from your blog. How exciting that you got that job. It looks like you are incredibly happy right now. How exciting that you are getting married and it is coming up so quick! I am not sure if Alex is your son...but he is a beautifull boy. So adorable.

Chris and I live in St. George right now. If you need to make a pit stop our home is open to you. I know kind of random, it's been a long time. I have a blog, but it is private. If you would like me to add you email me at katieerbe@hotmail.com.

Congrats on the New Job and Getting married....I am really happy for you!! Katie